- Earth scientist James Zachos honored by European Geosciences Union
- The award recognizes Zachos "for his groundbreaking contributions to documenting and understanding climate change throughout the Cenozoic." He will give the Milankovic Medal Lecture at the EGU General Assembly 2016 in Vienna, Austria, in April.
- Has Human Influence Already Defined a New Epoch?
- Geologists divide the Cenozoic Era into seven epochs, each defined by its combination of distinctive environments and the kinds of plants and animals living in them.
- Texas Gems & Backyard Treasures: Lufkin's Naranjo Museum of Natural History
- The museum walks each visitor through the different layers of the earth from Precambrian to Cenozoic eras. With lots of handmade models and real fossils, Dr. Naranjo has clearly depicted the space age-looking sea creatures of the Precambrian, Cambrian, ...
Cenozoic is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cenozoic books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.