A selection of articles related to centaurus mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Centaurus Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Centaurus Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Centaurus Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Centaurus Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Collection of Curricula for the STARLAB Ancient Egyptian Cylinder
- Centaurus (Serk-t or possibly Sekhmet the .... Ancient Egyptian Mythology D-3 • .... Ancient Egyptian faith consisted of myths, nature worship and numerous gods ...
- A Collection of Curricula for the STARLAB Greek Mythology Cylinder
- A Look at the Greek Mythology Cylinder. Three Activities: Constellation Creations , Create a Myth, I'm Getting. Dizzy by Gary D.
- Deep Sky Objects & Double Stars Tickle of Mythology Celestial
- Omega (ω) Centauri. Centaurus A. M37.
- Galaxy Centaurus A - Amazing Space
- mythological beings. Elliptical Galaxy: A galaxy having an elliptical or near- spherical shape. Infrared: Electromagnetic radiation with slightly longer wavelengths ...
- Stanbridge, W.E. (1857) -On Astronomy and Mythology of the
- ing paper on the Astronomy and Mythology of the Aborigines, and in doing so I am ... Berm-berm-gle (two large stars in the fore-legs of Centaurus). Two brothers ...
Suggested News Resources
- Turnbull's prescription for low-key reform
- Over the past several days Turnbull has punctured one of the great myths of his prime ministership — that he will use his immense political capital for an agenda of high policy ambition. That won't happen.
- Nathan Tinkler to take the fight to anti-coal activists
- The Hunter Valley's horse breeders have become among the region's most vocal opponents of coalmining amid fears they could be hurt by expansion of the industry.
- Constellation named for David Bowie?
- Virgo and Libra near top, Centaurus lower south, Triangulum Australe lower again, Octans at bottom. Straight lines are constellation boundaries; curving lines connect some of the stars that form the imaginary pictures.
- 8 Weirdest Sex Things That Went Down In Greek Mythology
- The ancient Greeks knew how to tell a good story. Greek mythology is brimming with epic battles, melodramatic fighting between gods and goddesses, awesome creature mash-ups (“Hmm … let's give this dude the head of a bull! And I think this dog needs ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Mythology of the constellation Centaurus - Heavens-Above
- To the Greeks CENTAURUS represented Chiron, the leader of the Centaurs. These creatures - half-man, half-horse were aggressive and warlike, Chiron being ...
- Centaurus (Greek mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Greek mythology, Centaurus is the father of the race of mythological beasts known as the centaurs or Ixionidae. The centaurs are half-man, half horse; having ...
- Star Tales – Centaurus - Ian Ridpath
- But one centaur, Chiron, stood out from the rest as being wise and scholarly, and he is the one who is represented by the constellation Centaurus (spelt ...
- Encyclopedia of Greek Mythology: Centaurus - Mythweb
- Progenitor of the centaurs; son of Ixion and a cloud. This unorthodox parentage came about when Ixion, who had thrown his father-in-law into a fiery pit, was ...
- Centaurus Constellation: Facts, Myth, Star Map, Major Stars, Deep
- Centaurus constellation is located in the southern hemisphere. It represents the centaur, the half man, half horse creature from Greek mythology. Sources differ ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.