- Buddhist settlement discovered on Seethanagaram hill
- Archaeologist and CEO of the Cultural Centre of Vijayawada (CEO) E. Nagireddy has discovered a huge Buddhist settlement with traces of stupas, chaityas and viharas on the Seethanagaram hill located on the outskirts of Vijayawada city.
- Hundreds attend Sonam Losar 2852 celebrations
- The monasteries perform a special ritual, mask dance, to expel negative forces. People go to monasteries, stupas and chaityas and perform ceremonial rituals there. The meaning of Sonam is blessing.
- 5 lugares que no te puedes perder en India
- Este conjunto de 30 cavernas se sitúa en el estado de Maharashtra, cinco de ellas son chaityas (templos o santuarios budistas) y el resto viharas (monasterios), algunas sirvieron como refugio de monjes y otras como centros de plegarias.
- Gender bias in temples as old as the walls around them
- These viharas were built around chaityas which housed the stupa that contained a relic of the Buddha. These were the first grand structures of India, carved into rocks.
Chaityas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chaityas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheswater rituals
monk vaishnava monks
estoppel english law major types
august wilson the pittsburgh cycle