- A Glimpse of Moreinu Rav Chaim Yisroel Belsky, ZATZAL
- Could her brother-in-law perform Chalitza or was he considered a halachic shoteh making him ineligible? The last time this question arose was in the early 1960's with Rav Moshe Feinstein. I called Rav Belsky at the behest of the man's Rosh Yeshiva.
- Daf Yomi
- Our mishnah teaches that she is considered divorced if the get is delivered to her and thus free from having to do yibbum/chalitza if the husband is later found to be dead.
- Did Jesus Understand Genesis 2 Literally?
- But the Babylonian Talmud also discusses natural eunuchs and eunuchs “made by man” in the context of wives being able to divorce (the ceremony of chalitsa) their husbands if they are eunuchs. Are Mark 10:12 and Matthew 19:10-12 both introducing a ...
- Modern Orthodox Advocacy Group Seeks To Make Ancient Ceremony Less
- Halitza Chalitzah shoe (Jewish Encyclopedia) Responding to what it says are numerous complaints it has received from women compelled to go through it, ITIM – a Modern Orthodox-run nonprofit that helps people navigate through Israel's byzantine ...
Chalitza is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chalitza books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesvole habitat
the academia waltz characters
dream dictionary roof
latin america etymology
erik erikson critique of erikson