A selection of articles related to chalumna river.
Original articles from our library related to the Chalumna River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chalumna River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Chalumna River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chalumna River books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Living fossil' fish Coelacanth has a LUNG in its abdomen
- This is the first time scientists have confirmed the presence of a lung in 'living fossil' the coelacanth, also called Latimeria chalumnae.
- Coelacanths Possess Vestigial Lung from Primordial Past
- Image: Shutterstock It's a fish ripped straight from the primordial oceans. Latimeria chalumnae, or the coelacanth, is a lobe-finned fish once thought to be extinct. But in 1938, a live specimen was caught near the Chalumna River's mouth in South Africa.
- Africa's earliest known coelacanth found in Eastern Cape
- The new species was discovered a mere 100km from the mouth of the Chalumna River, off which the type specimen of Latimeria chalumnae (the first discovered modern coelacanth) was caught in 1938. Furthermore, the Geology Department at Rhodes, ...
- 360-Million-Year-Old Coelacanth Nursery Found in Africa
- Fittingly enough, the new species remains were found only about 100 kilometers (62 miles) from the mouth of the Chalumna River, where the first modern, but still quite mysterious, coelacanth (a fish long thought extinct) was caught in 1938.
- Buffalo City residents left high and dry
- Areas affected included Zinyoka in King William's Town‚ 28 villages in Chalumna‚ areas of Mdantsane‚ Kayser's Beach‚ Needs Camp villages‚ Berlin‚ Ilitha and Mabeleni. Some areas have experienced water problems for more than two weeks. Mdantsane ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.