- Jack of all fruits: The quintessentially Indian kathal, a produce like no other
- The quintessentially Indian kathal or phanas is a produce like no other, traversing the spectrum from 'the poor man's fruit' to being mentioned in ancient texts like the Charaka Samhita, Susruta Samhita, Jataka Tales and Sangam literature.
- Mystic Mantra: Homosexuality and the Vedas
- Sushruta Samhita (Sharira Sthana, chapter 3, verse 4) states that the preponderance of semen over ovum begets a male child; that of ovum over semen begets a female child; and equal potency of both results in a neuter child. Sushruta Samhita (Sharira ...
- Innovations in Dairy Ingredients and Products
- We are all well aware that nutrition is essential for us to sustain growth and maintain good health.
- Ethics, culture and relativism: Some reflections on teaching medical ethics in
- The oldest of these texts is the Atreya Anushashana followed by the Charaka Samhita (600 BC), and the Susrutha Samhita of about the same time (Francis 1993). These texts all made specific recommendations regarding the ethical behavior of medical ...
- Explained: Holiness of the Cow and Controversy Over Beef-Eating In Ancient India
- Ancient Indian medical works like the Charaka Samhita recommend beef for pregnant women, but prohibits it for everyday use for everybody… D N Jha The Myth of the Holy Cow, 2002.
Charaka Samhita is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Charaka Samhita books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Charaka Samhita Topics
meaning of dreams about eclipse
charmed continuity issues
dream dictionary decapitation
deus ex real world parallels
north pole day and night
alexander anderson hellsing abilities