- Turning Citizens into Devotees
- And when, as in Chauri Chaura, the satyagrahis wavered from questioning themselves and turned instead to acting out their hate, the movement was stopped because it would have led them to subservience, not freedom. Let alone expect unquestioning ...
- Lessons from Bhagat Singh
- The HSRA and its predecessor, the Hindustan Republican Association (HRA), had been established in the immediate aftermath of the Chauri Chaura incident in which 22 policemen were burnt alive in a retaliatory incident. When Mahatma Gandhi eschewed ...
- Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Babasaheb Ambedkar had disagreements, but
- NEW DELHI: Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and B R Ambedkar, regarded as founding fathers of the Indian republic, may have had disagreements in their ideologies but their dream for a progressive nation was unanimous, Sahitya Akademi President ...
- Dissent is a right, but students of JNU are selective about liberty and freedom
- Gandhiji withdrew the Satyagraha agitation when the Chauri Chaura incident took place. He acknowledged that he had erred in overestimating the maturity of the Indian population and his own ability in controlling such passions when aroused. Can any of ...
- What We Can Learn from the Khilafat Movement
- The agitation gained ground without any response from the British. In India, with most of the top leaders arrested, many local leaders began to 'do their own thing'.
Chauri Chaura is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chauri Chaura books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Chauri Chaura Topics
history of mauritania
maximum likelihood examples
new x-men m-day survivors