A selection of articles related to chicano etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Chicano Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chicano Etymology.
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Chicano Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chicano Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Things You Can't Talk About in a Coca-Cola Ad
- Black and white, as already mentioned, but also terms like brother, Asian, Chicano, and gringo. The racial slurs you'd expect are also understandably excluded. Brand Names and Proper Names.
- De-Stigmatizing Hawaii's Creole Language
- “You don't know how happy this makes me,” I wrote a colleague after she casually sent me a link to a recent news story reporting that the U.S. Census Bureau now recognizes Hawaiian Pidgin English as a language.
- Our Favorite Hanukkah Toy Was Actually a Non-Jewish Irish Gambling Game
- The linkage of the four Hebrew letters on the top to the story of Hanukkah is apparently the origin of the legends about the dreidel being used to hide the study of Torah shortly before the Maccabean revolt.
- Pacific Islanders demonstrate their presence during ASUW senate meeting
- The origin of legacy groups dates back to the Civil Rights Movement of the '60s and '70s.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.