A selection of articles related to chief priests.
Original articles from our library related to the Chief Priests. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chief Priests.
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 27:3 Then Judas,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Orr, Emma Restall: Joint Chief of the British Druid Order
- Bobcat, Joint Chief of the British Druid Order, Priestess, author, poet and singer Emma Restall Orr has books to her credit including keystone works 'Principles of Druidry', 'Spirits of the Sacred Grove' & 'Ritual: A Guide To Life, Love And Inspiration', as...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death. 14:2 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate. 15:2 And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover. 22:2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people. 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 40
- Chapter 40 40:1 And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt. 40:2 And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Chief Priests is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chief Priests books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Previously…… Paul Chief priests Felix Festus King Agrippa & Bernice
- the authority of the chief priests I put many of the saints in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.
- Annas and Caiaphas in bible history
- Jesus, there were two high priests, Annas and. Caiaphas. Luke 3:1-3 says the Caiaphas were high priests, the word of God came to.
- STORIES HIGH PRIESTS OF MEMPHIS
- STORIES. OF THE. HIGH PRIESTS OF MEMPHIS.
Suggested News Resources
- On Jesus' passion and discipleship
- Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer greatly from the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, “God forbid, Lord!
- An artist of the windblown world
- Jesus was talking about the sufferings he would endure at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he would be killed but on the third day be raised to life. Immediately Peter protested, “Never, Lord!” he said.
- Mangalore: Parti Subba Award Conferred on Kadatoka Manjunath Bhagawath
- MP, Nalin Kumar Kateel, MLA, Abhay Chandra Jain, Kateel Temple chief priests, Lakshminarayana Asranna and Anantapadmanabha Asranna, and D Harshendra Kumar Dharmasthala too felicitated Bhagawat on the occasion.
- Contemplating the Gospel: few are chosen
- By Speroforum Gospel text (Mt 22,1-14): Jesus began to address the chief priests and elders of the people, once more using parables: «This story throws light on the kingdom of heaven. A king celebrated the wedding of his son.
- Living Sacrifice
- Jesus was held and brought before the chief priests, elders and the scribes. They were seeking a testimony to condemn Him and put Him to death. One after another people came forward and testified against Him.
Suggested Web Resources
- Back to the Bible - The Chief Priests: Voices of Deception
- I am one of the chief priests in Jerusalem. We have charge over all the functions of the temple.
- Strong's Greek: 749. ἀρχιερεύς (archiereus) -- high priest
- Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine Transliteration: archiereus. Phonetic Spelling: ( ar-khee-er-yuce') Short Definition: high priest, chief priest.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.