A selection of articles related to chinchorro mummification.
Original articles from our library related to the Chinchorro Mummification. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chinchorro Mummification.
- Anubis/Inpew/Yinepu/Anpu, "Lord of the Hallowed Land", meaning the necropolis. Jackal or dog headed god protecting the deceased. Known since Predydnastic times and linked to the name Khenty Amentiu, "Foremost of the Westerners". He was...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Originally a fertility symbol, he became the sacred bull, or the 'Ba' of the creator god Ptah at the cult center of Memphis. The Apis was linked to Pharaoh as the divine manifestation of a god and the bulls became important enough to have a grand burial at...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Afterlife
- Ancient Egyptian's have left us several texts concerning the immortal part of a human that continues to exist through all time, independent of the material body. Because of the overwhelming pervasiveness of Christianity in modern American society we tend to...
Religions >> Egyptian
Chinchorro Mummification is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chinchorro Mummification books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mummies Around the World—Dried, Smoked, or Thrown in a Bog
- The most famous Chinchorro cemetery is in Chile, nestled between the cities of Arica and Cobija, where the remains of what are known as the "Black Mummies" were hidden for millennia. Black Mummies were named for the layer of black manganese, a metal ...
- Otzi's parents came from different parts of Europe and may have met in the Alps
- His frozen, mummified body was discovered in the Austrian alps over a decade ago, but the 5,300-year-old remains of Ӧtzi the iceman are still revealing new secrets about his past.
- Chile's quest to save melting mummies
- "Mummification could have started with the fetuses and grown to include adults. The oldest mummies we have found are of children." Chinchorro mummies have survived into modern times only because of the arid conditions of the Atacama Desert, said ...
- Oetzi the Iceman Has World's Oldest Tattoos
- The South American mummy belonged to the Chinchorro, a preceramic fishing society that lived in the coastal regions of southern Peru and Chile between 9,000 and 3,100 years ago.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Chinchorro Mummification Topics
Related searchesson gohan transformations
texas early settlers
roan color roan cattle
search algorithm uninformed search
salvador allende quotes
tiger i combat history