A selection of articles related to chinchorro mummification.
Original articles from our library related to the Chinchorro Mummification. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chinchorro Mummification.
- Anubis/Inpew/Yinepu/Anpu, "Lord of the Hallowed Land", meaning the necropolis. Jackal or dog headed god protecting the deceased. Known since Predydnastic times and linked to the name Khenty Amentiu, "Foremost of the Westerners". He was...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Originally a fertility symbol, he became the sacred bull, or the 'Ba' of the creator god Ptah at the cult center of Memphis. The Apis was linked to Pharaoh as the divine manifestation of a god and the bulls became important enough to have a grand burial at...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Afterlife
- Ancient Egyptian's have left us several texts concerning the immortal part of a human that continues to exist through all time, independent of the material body. Because of the overwhelming pervasiveness of Christianity in modern American society we tend to...
Religions >> Egyptian
Chinchorro Mummification is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chinchorro Mummification books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ARSENIASIS AS AN ENVIRONMENTAL HYPOTHETICAL
- This essay explores the idea that arsenic poisoning was the impetus for the origin of the oldest mummification practice in the world.
- MUMMIES AND PYRAMIDS: EGYPT AND BEYOND THE OLDEST
- purpose of Chinchorro mummification rituals, what they learned what not just unexpected, it was astonishing.
- Chinchorro Culture: Pioneers of the Coast of the Atacama Desert
- the Atacama coast and we explain the unique Chinchorro mummification practices. THE ECOLOGICAL TRIAD: DESERT, OCEAN,.
- Spring 2011
- The Late Chinchorro‟s transitioned back to natural mummification. environment on the coast necessary for some of the Chinchorro mummification practices.
Suggested News Resources
- Good times led to grisly custom
- Chinchorro mummification practices ended about two centuries after that, a time when the weather rapidly turned drier and populations declined in size.
Suggested Web Resources
- Making the Dead Beautiful: Mummies as Art
- Dec 16, 1998 The Chinchorro mummies, the oldest examples of mummified human remains, are powerful artistic accomplishments of an ancient society.
- Chinchorro Mummies at the Mummy Tombs
- The Chinchorros may well have been the first people in the world to practice mummification. They preserved their dead beginning about 5000 B.C.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.