Chinese Folk Religion
A selection of articles related to chinese folk religion.
Original articles from our library related to the Chinese Folk Religion. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chinese Folk Religion.
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Chinese Zodiac Signs: An Overview
- Chinese zodiac presented the character of persons born under each sign in twelve consecutive years. Each year are represented by the twelve animals, as follows
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
Chinese Folk Religion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chinese Folk Religion books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Chinese Gods: An introduction to Chinese folk - Blacksmith Books
- Chinese Gods: An introduction to Chinese folk religion. RELIGION / MYTHOLOGY / CHINA by Jonathan Chamberlain, with a foreword by John Blofeld.
- Chinese Religions
- There are four basic categories of Chinese religions: (1) CONFUCIANISM,*. (2) DAOISM,* (3) BUDDHISM* and (4) Chinese folk religions.
- ﬂame ~ ~ ~
- tus of the Chinese community.
- All religions or belief systems by number of adherents
- hierarchies, and informal religions, such as Chinese folk religion, which are a mix of different folk religious ideas. 1. Christianity 2.
Suggested News Resources
- Taiwan's first Mazu research institute opens in Tainan City
- “This institute is poised to position Taiwan at the center of traditional Chinese folk religion studies and related cultural phenomena,” Tainan Mayor Lai Ching-te said at the launch ceremony.
Suggested Web Resources
- Chinese Folk Religion
- Chinese folk religion is composed of a combination of religious practices, including Confucianist ceremonies, ancestor veneration, Buddhism and Taoism.
- Chinese Religion
- Chinese Folk Religion. To look at the statistical data today, one would assume the Chinese are not vastly a religious people.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Chinese Folk Religion Topics
list of disney characters o
shiki samurai shodown story