A selection of articles related to chinese folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Chinese Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chinese Folklore.
- Chinese Zodiac Signs: An Overview
- Chinese zodiac presented the character of persons born under each sign in twelve consecutive years. Each year are represented by the twelve animals, as follows
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Chinese Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chinese Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Chinese Folk Art, Festivals, and Symbolism in Everyday Life
- Folk arts in China have developed over a thousand years.
- Chinese Folklore & Literature High School & Adult (Suggested
- Chinese Folklore & Literature. High School & Adult. (Suggested Grade Level 9 & Adult).
- Displaying Chinese Folklore to the World
- 2010. Yang Lihui | Beijing Normal University. HARVARD-YENCHING.
- MODERN CHINESE FOLKLORE INVESTIGATION
- of modern Chinese folklore investigation moved to Southern China also.
Suggested News Resources
- Mendon kids enjoy puppet party
- To mark the end of the program, two puppeteers from Tanglewood Marionettes, a Ware-based company, performed "The Dragon King," a story taken from Chinese folklore.
- Tanglewood Marionettes perform in Mendon
- Marionettes will perform "The Dragon King," a fantasy based on traditional Chinese folklore.
- Hollywood Takes On The Great Wall
- The new venture's mandate is to make English-language films based on Chinese folklore and history. Mr. Wu said he believes Legendary East can steer through China's movie distribution rules while still creating films that appeal to a worldwide audience.
- 'Lone Ranger' production shut down
- The companies are working on bringing well-known Chinese folklore tales to the big screen around the world. SkyLand recently co-produced Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, a movie inspired by the novel by Lisa See.
- Five Things You Should Know Today: August 23
- Zhang Ying and Rhonda Lund will give a presentation on “Dragons, Flutes and Monkeys: Ancient Chinese Folklore and Music” at 10 am in Eagan's Caponi Art Park. The two will tell stories and play bamboo, clay and bone flutes. Everyone is welcome.
Suggested Web Resources
- Chinese folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Chinese folklore includes songs, dances, puppetry, and tales.
- Folktales from China
- Return to D. L. Ashliman's folktexts, a library of folktales, folklore, fairy tales, and mythology.
- Chinese New Year Stories for Kids - Folklore - Apples4theteacher.com
- A collection of Chinese New Year stories and tales from Children's Literature. These Chinese children's stories are great to share during Chinese New Year.
- Chinese Folklore | Mysterious China Blog
- Wednesday, January 14, 2009 19:00. The moon goddess is a popular folk tale that dates from the Tang Dynasty (A.D.
- Ancient Chinese Mythology
- Ancient Chinese Mythology - Gods - Goddesses - Folklore.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Chinese Folklore Topics
Related searchescourtesy title widows
culture of korea folk games