A selection of articles related to chola empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Chola Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Chola Empire.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Chola Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Chola Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- History or fiction? These Shiva sculptures look uncannily like Bahubali posters
- According to Balasubramaniam, the Moovarkoil of Kodumbalur was built by Bhooti Vikramakesari of Irukku Velir dynasty, who was a tributary chief under Chola emperors.
- Mihir S Sharma: Living history, dead thought
- Rajaraja Chola was, yes, a seafaring conqueror; but did he also discover something about the glamour of power that persists in South Indian politics to this day?
- Ancient sculptures identified in Pudukottai, Ariyalur dists
- Trichy: Two rare sculptures of Lord Siva belonging to 10 CE (early Chola period) were identified in two temples in Pudukkottai and Ariyalur districts.
- Rediscovering the sculptural legacy of Shivas of the south
- The central shrine in the Brihadeeshwara Temple in Thanjavur, built by the great Raja Raja Chola has a massive Shiva Lingam. But it is ... From there to Hampi, the capital of what was once the largest Hindu kingdom; the Vijayanagara Empire.
- Finding Peace (and Quiet) in India's Tamil Nadu
- In the eleventh century the Chola king Rajendra Chola I ruled a vast kingdom extending to most of the southern Subcontinent, as well as the lands that are now Sri Lanka, Sumatra, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Bangladesh, from his capital at Gangaikonda ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Chola Empire Topics
Related searcheselena dementieva titles 10
culture of liberia tribes of liberia
escapement deadbeat escapement
spiritual music historical background
nuuanu pali history