- The Real Danish Girls: Meet the Trans Pioneers Before Laverne Cox & Caitlyn Jenner
- Reports of sex-reassignment were so rare that the world was shocked more than 20 years later to hear of Christine Jorgensen. She had been George Jorgensen from the Bronx but became a woman thanks to surgery — in Denmark, interestingly enough.
- #31Days of Feminism: Miss Major Griffin-Gracy
- Throughout the month of March, NBCBLK, NBCLatino, and NBC Asian America have partnered with the Ms. Foundation for Women for #31Days of Feminism to spotlight women of color who, through their actions and words, lead the way toward a more equal ...
- Jenner's Trail Was Blazed by Christine Jorgensen
- Sixty-two years ago this morning, newspaper readers in Las Vegas, Nev., learned that the Hotel Sahara was attempting to renege on its contract with a performer hotel management had booked impulsively. The disagreement wasn't really a labor dispute, ...
- The Real Me: What It Feels Like to be Transgender
- In the United States, SRS first surfaced in the 1950s, when a soldier named George Jorgensen returned from Denmark as Christine.
- Before Caitlyn Jenner, there was Christine Jorgensen
- Long before Miss Caitlyn Jenner's first training bra, there lived a frustrated, unhappy GI from The Bronx. Surgery and hormones later, honorably discharged Army clerk George, earliest transgender person to hit headlines, became Christine Jorgensen.
Christine Jorgensen is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Christine Jorgensen books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Christine Jorgensen Topics
Related searchescool song notes
syd field the paradigm
after death dictionary
the critic margo sherman