A selection of articles related to christmas dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Christmas Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Christmas Dictionary.
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Pagan Holidays for the Southern Hemisphere
- Many of the readers of RealMagick hail from the Southern Hemisphere. For them, the standard progression of the seasons is shifted... I.e. they are celebrating spring in Brazil, when those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are celebrating Fall. Clearly the "...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Welcome again to my "Rune-of-the-Month" Club! At the rate I've been going, it's been more like the "Rune-of-the-Year" Club, but I'll try to speed up the pace. This article puts the series over the halfway mark. This is the twelfth of the...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
Christmas Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Christmas Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Subscribe to Print:
- Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and .... My Mother Saved Christmas With a Sad, Threadbare Tree.
- Students show off their smarts
- After this reporter guessed the eggshells could hold 10 pounds, he piled on first one, then two and finally a third dictionary, which was 15 pounds. They held and Gansa said at ... Did you know most happen on Christmas Day?
- From Banter Claus to Noelstalgia, your ultimate Christmas dictionary
- noelstalgia (noun) A yearning for the Christmas of your childhood. Recalling a cherished toy from a long-ago Yuletide season can bring on a powerful feeling of noelstalgia, as can many ornaments that have endured over the years, especially as you hang ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Christmas | Define Christmas at Dictionary.com
- the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25 and now generally observed as a legal holiday and an ...
- Christmas | Definition of Christmas by Merriam-Webster
- Define Christmas: a Christian holiday that is celebrated on December 25 in honor of the birth of Jesus ... Christmas in a sentence. ...
- Christmas - definition of Christmas by The Free Dictionary
- A Christian feast commemorating the birth of Jesus. 2. December 25, the day on which this feast is observed as a public holiday in many countries.
- Christmas - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- In the Western world, may people celebrate Christmas, some of them for religious reasons and others in a more secular way. Christians observe rituals at ...
- Christmas Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Christmas definition, meaning, what is Christmas: (the period just before and after ) 25 December, a Christian holy day that celebrates the…. Learn more.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.