A selection of articles related to cinchona.
Original articles from our library related to the Cinchona. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cinchona.
- Cinchona: Correspondences
- Cinchona ledgeriana or C. succirubra Folk Names: Gender: Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Luck, Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
Cinchona is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cinchona books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Modifiers' round out craft cocktails
- The ginger beer is low in sugar but redolent with ginger flavor—perfect for a refreshing ginger beer or Moscow Mule.
- The cinchona saga
- Raman then goes on to bring this column up-to-date with the cultivation of cinchona in South India. That story appears to begin in 1835 when John Forbes Royle, then Superintendent of the 'Company Gardens' in Saharanpur, United Provinces (Uttar Pradesh ...
- Classic Cocktailist: Popularity Contest Edition
- There's cinchona bitterness from Bonal and Cocci di Torino vermouth, and then the sweet herbal notes of Benedictine and round, raisin richness from Pedro Ximenez sherry emerge at the drink's heart. It's my kind of cocktail, and I hope it stays on the menu.
- Make Your Own Tonic Syrup for Better Tasting Cocktails
- You'll need one and a half cups of water, one and a half teaspoons of chopped Cinchona bark, and one cup of cane sugar. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan, then add your Cinchona bark and any other additional ingredients you may want (like ...
- Return to 1555
- Historically, a Chinato was any wine or liqueur flavored with the bark of the cinchona tree. The most famous type is Barolo Chinato, a full-bodied wine from Italy's Piemonte region.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.