A selection of articles related to cinyras.
Original articles from our library related to the Cinyras. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cinyras.
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Cinyras is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cinyras books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 2011 TSJCL Certamen Advanced Finals Advanced Finals, Page 1
- In Ovid's account, Myrrha becomes the mother by Cinyras of Adonis. names what daughter of Pygmalion as the wife of Cinyras and mother of Adonis?
- Rebecca RESINSKI QUEERING AND UNQUEERING MYRRHA IN
- poems in Desire, Bidart retells Ovid's tale of Myrrha and her disastrous love for her father, Cinyras.
- Byblis and Myrrha: Two Incest Narratives in the "Metamorphoses
- desire for her father Cinyras is part of the cycle of Orpheus' songs, one of those on the theme . . .
- The Metamorphoses of Love in The Winter's Tale
- the beautiful story of Cinyras and Myrrha.
- Illinois classical studies: http://hdl.handle.net/2142/10684
- her father, Cinyras. Adonis is the .. and Cinyras in which daughter loves father.
Suggested News Resources
- Une odeur de sainteté
- Selon la légende, la myrrhe tire son nom de Myrrha, fille de Cinyras, roi de Chypre, changée en arbre par les dieux pour avoir commis un inceste et dont les pleurs constituaient la myrrhe.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cinyras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In the earliest testimony for this character in ancient Greek literature (Iliad 11.
- CINYRAS, Greek Mythology Index
- Cinyras, after his arrival in Cyprus, founded the town of Paphos.
- Mar 9, 1997 He and Apollo once held a contest to determine who could play the lyre better, but he lost and committed suicide. On Cyprus, Cinyras...
- Cinyras 1 - Greek Mythology Link
- Smyrna, already turned into a tree, gives birth to Cinyras 1's son Adonis. 4730: Marcantonio Franceschini 1648-1729: Die Geburt des Adonis, gegen 1700.
- Myths and legends of Cyprus
- Jan 10, 2007 Cinyras is said to have been famed for his exquisite beauty and to have been wooed by Aphrodite herself.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrashomon film tojomaru
thermocouple different types
ia-32 two memory management models
maine famous mainers
german east africa postage stamps