- Gut Virome Associated With Malnutrition in Children
- A twin study reveals that children with severe acute malnutrition (SAM) have a less diverse and more immature gut virome than is found in healthy children, according to a report from researchers from the United States, Colombia, and Malawi (Reyes A et al.
- Researchers compare the gut viromes of Malawian children with severe acute
- A small child in Mumbai, with a shaved head, eating bread with her hand. Credit: Wen-Yan King/Wikipedia.
- International Team Profiles DNA Viruses in Arctic Freshwater Lakes
- More than one-third of the single-stranded DNA viruses belonged to the Circoviridae family. The remaining viral community components included both double-stranded DNA viruses, along with sequences that most closely resembled single-stranded RNA ...
- Deciphering the bat virome catalog to better understand the ecological
- In addition to the above families, many reads related to the families Circoviridae, Paramyxoviridae, Coronaviridae, Caliciviridae, Polyomaviridae, Rhabdoviridae, Hepeviridae, Bunyaviridae, Reoviridae, Flaviviridae and Picornaviridae, and the subfamily ...
- New Viruses Attack Asia and Africa
- Because other Circoviridae viruses are found in some animals, the scientists speculated that humans picked up CyCV-VN from nearby livestock. Indeed, tests of dozens of chickens, ducks, and pigs found that nearly 60 percent were positive for the virus.
Circoviridae is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Circoviridae books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.