A selection of articles related to civilisation.
Original articles from our library related to the Civilisation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Civilisation.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Civilisation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Civilisation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Aksum An African Civilisation of Late Antiquity
- Of all the important ancient civilisations of the past, that of the books on Aksum, or on Ethiopian civilisation in general, mainly in German, French,.
- THE COPTIC CONTRIBUTION TO CHRISTIAN CIVILISATION
- were stunned as the pages of Coptic history began to reveal the massive contributions of the Copts to Christian civilisation in its formative centuries.
- Exploring Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation"
- Exploring Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation". Thirteen Wednesdays, 6:45-8:45pm between. September 19, 2007 and March 19, 2008.
- FREEDOM AND THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF WESTERN CIVILISATION
- that civilisation have been absorbing and thrilling beyond measure.
Suggested News Resources
- Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists
- Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain.
- Just beyond civilisation on Canada's Arctic edge
- The shipwrecked Ithaca as seen from the waters of Hudson Bay at low tide. Photos by John Zada for The National Looking in the direction of the Port of Churchill along its main street.
- Lessons for today in fate of Mayan civilisation
- By John Gibb on Sat, 27 Aug 2011 The fate of Mayan civilisation highlights the importance of protecting our fragile environment, leading archaeologist Prof Norman Hammond says.
- An equal and opposite reaction
- The Iberian Peninsula -- Al-Andalus -- was the pearl of Islamic civilisation from 711 to 1492, as a province of the Umayyad Caliphate, and later the Caliphate of Cordoba and the Emirate of Granada.
- This thing called Islamophobia
- This is called Islamophobia and there are many honest Europeans who condemn it more vehemently as a challenge to European civilisation than we can as Muslims with our own prejudices. But Europe's thinking about Muslims, not all immigrants, is changing.
Suggested Web Resources
- Amazon.com: Civilisation: The Complete Series: Kenneth Clark
- Civilisation, A Personal View by Lord Clark, may be the definitive documentary series of the past 50 years.
- Sid Meier's Civilization - Official Site
- Official site for Sid Meier's Civilization Computer Strategy Games.
- civilisation - definition of civilisation by the Free Online Dictionary
- Noun, 1. civilisation - the social process whereby societies achieve an advanced stage of development and organization.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshigh middle ages heretical movements
wanda ileen barzee