A selection of articles related to civilisations.
Original articles from our library related to the Civilisations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Civilisations.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Civilisations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Civilisations books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Cultures and Civilisations
- 1. Cultures and Civilisations. A proposal by.
- Arcl.2039 Andean Civilisations Handbook
- ARCL 2039 Ancient Civilisations of Andean South America. Term II - 2010 complex Pre-Columbian civilisations of the central Andes of South America.
- Opportunities for Tourism and Dialogue Between Civilisations - Shima
- DIALOGUE BETWEEN CIVILISATIONS. Rums' Religious Fairs on the Islands of Gökçeada (Imbros) and. Bozcaada (Tenedos), Turkey.
- INALCO - Institut national des langues et civilisations orientales - Paris
- et civilisations orientales - Paris. UNIVERSITIES tution's scientific council Institut national des langues et civilisations orientales. ■ Public.
Suggested News Resources
- Scientists: Aliens May Punish Our Species for Climate Change
- By Megan McArdle The authors warn that extraterrestrials may be wary of civilisations that expand very rapidly, as these may be prone to destroy other life as they grow, just as humans have pushed species to extinction on Earth.
- Lessons for today in fate of Mayan civilisation
- By John Gibb on Sat, 27 Aug 2011 The fate of Mayan civilisation highlights the importance of protecting our fragile environment, leading archaeologist Prof Norman Hammond says.
- Guatemalans 'died' in 1940s US syphilis study
- Civilisations can be judged by the way they treat their most vulnerable... We failed to keep that covenant"” The Commission said some 5500 Guatemalans were involved in all the research that took place between 1946 and 1948.
Suggested Web Resources
- Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Civilization (or civilisation) is a sometimes controversial term that has been used in several related ways.
- BBC - Religion and Ethics - Civilisations
- A multi-dimensional picture of human history, where you're in charge of the timeline.
- Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say
- Aug 18, 2011 Rising greenhouse emissions could tip off aliens that we are a rapidly expanding threat, warns a report.
- The Clash of Civilizations? | Foreign Affairs
- World politics is entering a new phase, in which the great divisions among humankind and the dominating source of international conflict will be cultural.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
alexander scriabin influence of color
university college oxford grace
uses of trigonometry number theory
brussels-capital region demographics