Clerical Celibacy Rules
A selection of articles related to clerical celibacy rules.
Original articles from our library related to the Clerical Celibacy Rules. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Clerical Celibacy Rules.
- A View on the Wiccan Rede
- I was listening to radio evangelist Bob Larson talk to a witch on his radio show. The witch mentioned the Wiccan Rede "as you harm none, do as you will." He snorted and ridiculed the idea that such a simple idea could be a legitimate basis for...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Clerical Celibacy Rules is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Clerical Celibacy Rules books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Vatican should do away with priestly celibacy
- For the first millennium of Christianity, priests were married, and it was only from the 11th century onwards that the Church demanded not one but two vocations – to the priesthood, and to celibacy.
- The new push to end priestly celibacy
- Numbers have never recovered, and the resulting shortage of priests has become one of the main pragmatic arguments for relaxing the celibacy rule. As the concept of celibacy becomes ever more marginal in our culture, it becomes much harder to persuade ...
- Missouri diocese settles with food pantry coordinator fired for same-sex union
- The Kansas City-St. Joseph, Mo., diocese settled Thursday with a former parish food pantry coordinator who sued it and its former bishop, Robert Finn, after the diocese cited her same-sex union for her dismissal.
- Buy Girl Scout cookies -- lots of them!
- LOUIS -- Documents released on Monday show the current archbishop of St. Louis testified in a deposition that he was unsure if a priest having sex with a child was a crime back when he was auxiliary bishop in the Twin Cities. ....
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.