- Light and the evolution of vision
- Cnidocyte discharge is regulated by light and opsin-mediated phototransduction. BMC Biol 2012; 10: 17. | Article | PubMed |; Feuda R, Hamilton SC, McInerney JO, Pisani D.
- Jellyfish taking over oceans, experts warn
- "Any change to the balance of solutes, such as the concentration of salts inside and outside of the cnidocyte [a venomous cell], sets off stinging." In North America, doctors recommend using hot water and topical pain killers on a sting.
- These Are Some of the Most Otherworldly Creatures You'll Find on Earth
- Lucernaria are stalked jellies -- critters that, instead of swimming, are rooted to the seafloor by a stem-like foot.
- Hydra Watch What They Eat
- In the presence of the blocker, light had no affect, confirming that opsin-based signaling is required for this light-mediated change in cnidocyte firing.
Cnidocyte is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cnidocyte books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesalbatross albatross biology
a little tour in france
riff notation and sound examples
self-help for stress and pain
the ark hammersmith