- Evolutionary 'selection of the fittest' measured for the first time
- The genetic code has 'redundancy', meaning that there are several different 'codons' that can be translated into any one amino acid. For some amino acids up to 6 different codons can be used.
- Spelling mutations and evolutionary advantages
- The code of life - composed of triplet codons of the four DNA alphabets A, T, G and C - is quite redundant. For example, the amino acid Alanine, is specified by no less than four alternative triplet codes (GCT, GCC, GCA and GCG), or codons.
- Transgenomic (TBIO) Launches EGFR C797S Mutation Detection Assay
- While the new assay detects EGFR mutation C797S, Transgenomic also has an assay for the EGFR T790M mutation, a known marker for resistance in first generation TKI therapies. This assay enriches for mutations in codon 790 and its immediately adjacent ...
- Evolution selects the most effective genes — even by a hundredth of a percent
- Brandis and Hughes wanted to know whether it mattered which particular codons were used to make EF-Tu, one of the most important proteins in Salmonella. They altered the genetic makeup of the bacteria and found that switching even a single codon in the ...
- Codon Deletions in the Influenza A Virus PA Gene Generate Temperature
- Four viable mutants with single-codon deletions were generated; all of them exhibited a ts phenotype that was associated with the reduced efficiency of replication/transcription of a pseudoviral reporter RNA in a minireplicon assay.
Codons is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Codons books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesenigma machine reflector
noel anthony hogan
julius caesar honours
shoe polish history
ngo dinh diem quotes