A selection of articles related to colds.
Original articles from our library related to the Colds. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Colds.
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Sneezing: A Symptom or A Symbol?
- "One sneeze, a wish Two sneezes, a kiss Three sneezes, a disappointment Four sneezes, a letter" As my household has spent the past two weeks fighting the fall version of the pit plague crud, in between the God Bless You's and doses of cough medicine,...
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- Echinacea, the Sacred Plant
- A full grown Echinacea-plant is an impressive and decorative appearance. You may consider giving her a place in your garden. This beautiful plant will probably steal your heart with her large, colorful and long lasting flowers. No doubt you have heard of...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary E
- Projective. All rainbow colors. Important balancer, healer. Opens heart (especially green), throat and 2 highest chakras for clarity, overview, seeing additional truths/realities. Spleen bones, teeth, lungs, detoxification, anxiety, insomnia. Clear and Purple:...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium)
- Yarrow is used in teas to treat colds, flu, and fevers. It also can be applied to a wound to help stop the bleeding. Yarrow is also said to keep a couple together for 7 years. It is used in love spells and charms. If yarrow is added to a bath or worn on your...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary Y
- Healing With Color Magick
- In healing colors act as balancers: we administer the color(s) someone needs more of, or we give the opposite of the color someone has too much of. Why should the body need color suppletion? Healthy people are in tune with their ground-tune, what means that...
Symbology >> Colorology
Colds is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Colds books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Upper Respiratory Infections (Colds)
- Upper respiratory infections. Page 1 of 2. Upper respiratory infections (colds).
- head and chest cold
- Oct 9, 2001 About 1 billion cases of head cold and chest cold occur each year in the a year, while adults have about 2 to 4 colds a year.
- Colds and Flu in Children
- Colds, flu, and chest colds (bronchitis) are common. Most children get 6 to. 10 colds each year.
- Cold and Flu Prevention in the Workplace Center for Hygiene
- the spread of cold and flu in the workplace. The cold and flu season typically runs from.
- Schiffert Health Center Common Cold and the College Student
- A “cold” is a syndrome of symptoms caused by infection and Peak incidence of the common cold is in the late fall and winter, but colds can strike all year.
Suggested News Resources
- “Cold Warriors”
- by Zack Handlen August 25, 2011 Admittedly, "odd" is not an unusual look for Futurama, but "Cold Warriors" is odd in a way I wasn't expecting.
- New school year can trigger asthma
- “Sometimes colds are unavoidable, but you can remember to frequently and properly wash your hands and protect yourself with asthma medication to avoid allergic triggers,” Dell says.
- ASK THE EXPERT: Why summer colds are worse than winter ones
- 9:15 pm Q. Why are summer colds often times worse than winter colds? A: Summer colds usually last longer and have a greater chance of recurring.
- Cold and Flu season starts in about six weeks
- Cold and Flu season starts in about six weeks. So is there anything you can do now to prevent an illness? Some health officials are saying one way to prevent catching the common cold or a virus is to clean your nose frequently.
Suggested Web Resources
- Common Cold - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment of Common Cold
- Feb 17, 2011 The common cold generally involves a runny nose, nasal congestion, and sneezing.
- The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in the entire world, with more than 1 billion colds per year reported in the United States alone.
- Common cold - MayoClinic.com
- Common cold — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes and care of this common infection.