A selection of articles related to collegiate dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Collegiate Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Collegiate Dictionary.
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
Collegiate Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Collegiate Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WEBSTER'S SEVENTH NEW COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY: A
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary  in a computerereadable form.
- Reading the Dictionary
- How to Read a Dictionary Entry.
- According to Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, the word
- Veterinary Medicine: A Profession or a Business? J.H.
Suggested News Resources
- Merriam-Webster adds 039 Tweet 039 and 039 Social Media 039
- The words 'Tweet' and 'Social Media' have been added to the Merriam-Webster Collegiate dictionary. So when someone's saying they have something to tweet about, they're not just making a word, or using a word that isn't accepted in English.
- Groupon's MySpace Moment?
- MySpace Moment, sooner or later, is going to enter the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary alongside crowdsourcing, bromance and cougars.
- Natural Wonders: Humbled by children at spelling bee
- Those words were not English words that I use — in fact, only one of the words put forth for spelling even appears in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. Someone said, what good are words if people don't understand them?
- Tweet's new meaning joins Merriam-Webster lineup
- Both "tweet" and "social media" have joined the new 2011 list of new words added to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
- "Americana" makes Merriam-Webster
- The dictionary folks presented about 100 new words today, including Americana to its Collegiate Dictionary. Americana joins Tweet, m-commerce and fist bump as words whose use is now widely recognized enough to be a part of today's lexicon.
Suggested Web Resources
- Collegiate | Define Collegiate at Dictionary.com
- Collegiate definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation , synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's. Collegiate ® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Collegiate Dictionary Topics
Related searchesmodernity the paradox of modernity
dream interpretation spear
harvard law school famous alumni
spingarn medal winners
politics of belgium electoral system