A selection of articles related to collegiate dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Collegiate Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Collegiate Dictionary.
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Collegiate Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Collegiate Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WEBSTER'S SEVENTH NEW COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY: A
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary  in a computerereadable form.
- Reading the Dictionary
- How to Read a Dictionary Entry.
- According to Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, the word
- Veterinary Medicine: A Profession or a Business? J.H.
Suggested News Resources
- Merriam-Webster adds 039 Tweet 039 and 039 Social Media 039
- The words 'Tweet' and 'Social Media' have been added to the Merriam-Webster Collegiate dictionary. So when someone's saying they have something to tweet about, they're not just making a word, or using a word that isn't accepted in English.
- Groupon's MySpace Moment?
- MySpace Moment, sooner or later, is going to enter the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary alongside crowdsourcing, bromance and cougars.
- Natural Wonders: Humbled by children at spelling bee
- Those words were not English words that I use — in fact, only one of the words put forth for spelling even appears in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. Someone said, what good are words if people don't understand them?
- Tweet's new meaning joins Merriam-Webster lineup
- Both "tweet" and "social media" have joined the new 2011 list of new words added to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
- "Americana" makes Merriam-Webster
- The dictionary folks presented about 100 new words today, including Americana to its Collegiate Dictionary. Americana joins Tweet, m-commerce and fist bump as words whose use is now widely recognized enough to be a part of today's lexicon.
Suggested Web Resources
- Collegiate | Define Collegiate at Dictionary.com
- Collegiate definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation , synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's. Collegiate ® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.