A selection of articles related to colloquial examples.
Original articles from our library related to the Colloquial Examples. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Colloquial Examples.
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Colloquial Examples is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Colloquial Examples books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Word Choice: Tips for ESL Students The types of language listed
- ►Colloquial Language: Casual conversational language that has a wider general acceptance than slang. Examples: Let's do lunch. I'm going to get back at him.
- Lovatt ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES IN A BILINGUAL COLLOQUIAL
- ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES IN A BILINGUAL COLLOQUIAL DICTIONARY.
- HARARE SHONA SLANG: A LINGUISTIC STUDY
- For example, slang has often been referred to as 'colloquial' and has also been characterised as 'taboo, vulgar and derogatory'.
- U.C.L.A. Slang 2
- Carolina at Chapel Hill, who publishes a new paper on the slang used by U.N.C.
- Subject Relatives and Expletives in Early New High German
- text represents a more colloquial sample of ENHG.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- colloquial - definition and examples of colloquial
- The characteristic of writing that seeks the effect of informal spoken language as distinct from formal or literary English.
- Colloquialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- (See: Names for soft drinks for more regional examples of colloquial names given to soft drinks.
- In the preceding example, the colloquial phrases "tore up the stairs" and "big enchilada" have more than one meaning.
- Alliteration, assonance, emotive language, colloquial, slang, jargon
- You will usually find examples of alliteration in poetry.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.