Colonies In Antiquity Roman Colonies
A selection of articles related to colonies in antiquity roman colonies.
Original articles from our library related to the Colonies In Antiquity Roman Colonies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Colonies In Antiquity Roman Colonies.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- ISIS and ASET are really two different deities. When the worship of Isis rose, Aset had already been forgotten for hundreds of years, at this time only a small group of priests still knew how to read the hieroglyphs of the temple walls. Isis was more a Roman...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Colonies In Antiquity Roman Colonies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Colonies In Antiquity Roman Colonies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Philippi, Greece | Macedonia | Via Egnatia From Neapolis (Kavalla)
- The Philippi which Paul visited was a Roman colony founded by. Augustus . A.
- ANCIENT ROME HANDOUTS
- The Romans were some of the greatest conquerors of the ancient world. The colonies. Later, the Romans conquered all of Greece.
- Pompeii and the Roman Villa
- Pompeii, Herculaneum, and other ancient Roman towns that were centers of activity along the Bay of becoming a Roman colony in 80 BC.
- VIRTUAL REALITY IN THE STUDY OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES
- A practical example of some interest is the creation of a data-base concerning the ancient Roman Colony: Fanum Fortunae ( Fano. ).
- The Museo ItaloAmericano of San Francisco presents: Easter in
- visit to Siracusa (the most important colony of ancient Greece), the ancient Roman health spa of.
Suggested Web Resources
- Colonies in antiquity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- It was an old custom in ancient Italy to send out colonies for the purpose of securing new conquests.
- Ancient Rome
- Ancient Rome. Chapter XLVIII. Colonies.
- LacusCurtius • The Roman Colony (Smith's Dictionary, 1875)
- Feb 4, 2009 The Roman section of a major entry on colonies in William Smith's Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.