A selection of articles related to colossal squid.
Original articles from our library related to the Colossal Squid. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Colossal Squid.
- Sepia (Squid Ink)
- Sepia is the ink from a squid. The squid usually lives alone, it is an independent individual. In case of fear or danger they surround themselves with a hiding cloud of dark ink. When we project this image on human beings we find that the homoeopathic Sepia...
Remedies >> Remedies S
- The Story of Brân the Blessed
- Brân was a Welsh god of the underworld whose eminence is most often associated with his the "Wonderful Head." Though he could present himself as a principal of battle, Brân was also a patron on bards, minstrels, and musicians. He was huge, colossal....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Planes of Existence
- As shown in this diagram, planes of existence should not, as they commonly are, be thought of as discreet states but rather as a continuous scale. As we distinguish between body, mind and soul, we must equally distinguish between physical, mental, and...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
Colossal Squid is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Colossal Squid books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Preserving a 8.6 meter giant squid. The largest 'wet' specimen in the
- The Giant Squid: Architeuthis dux. Jon Ablett, Curator of Mollusca, NHM. 2.
- Colossal squid print out lateral view
- The colossal squid Side (I ateral) View. (/Vlesonychoteuthis hamiltoni). Tentacle club Arms (8) Head.
- hello, I'm KevIn PanKe.
- Alberto Culver/Colossal Squid. Page 4. House of Scott Concept.
- Squid Diorama
- A Colossal Squid, known only from the Southern Hemisphere, has joined the fish at Portobello. Please help us design a home for our newest resident.
Suggested News Resources
- I spy animal books
- The ostrich has the biggest eye on land but the colossal squid has the largest eye on Earth. Birds see color better than people do. Chameleon eyes operate separately, one looking one way and one the other.
- Bill Nighy And Gemma Arterton Present Recently Discovered Species In WWF Short
- Some of the finds presented in the video are utterly astonishing, and include the world's longest insect as well as one colossal squid. We dare you not to be amazed. In our opinion, this puts Nighy right up next to Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman.
- People on the Move: Chris Ford Named CCO of DraftFCB, San Francisco
- As founding partner of digital shop Colossal Squid, Mr. Slivka led digital creative on everything from large-scale community platforms to viral gaming campaigns and social advocacy programs.
- Monsters stranger than fiction
- Not just the giant squid, also known by its scientific name of Architeuthis, but its distant relative, the colossal squid, or Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni. First, we should settle the "which one is bigger" argument.
Suggested Web Resources
- Photo in the News: Colossal Squid Caught off Antarctica
- Feb 22, 2007 With eyes the size of dinner plates, the sea monster is of a species that is bigger than even the giant squid.
- Giant and Colossal Squid Fact Sheet
- Apr 6, 2008 With this basic introduction to octopus and squid anatomy aside, we can move on to the real purpose of this fact sheet.
- The Colossal Squid Exhibition
- The Official Exhibition Website for The Colossal Squid, Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington, New Zealand.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.