- Colostrum: 4 litres within one hour is key
- On the website of Lifestart it states that the immunobody IgG that is transferred in the colostrum protects young calves from sickness and disease as they grow, and while they develop their own antibodies.
- Colostrum and calves: Milk it for all its worth
- “The other things we don't think about as much are growth factors and hormones,” says MU animal scientist Allison Meyer, Ph.D. “There is even some emerging research showing that there are maternal cells in colostrum that may be important for newborn ...
- Cattle producers can help cows make better colostrum
- Perhaps the most important cow-aspect of colostrum production is late-gestation nutrition, said Julie Walker, associate professor and South Dakota State University Extension beef specialist.
- Colostrum is crucial for calf survival
- Aim to give your newborn suckler calf a good start in life and win the battle for survival by ensuring that the calf suckles and receives adequate colostrum in the first six hours of life.
- Strong immunity key to calf health
- During the last part of pregnancy she puts these antibodies into the colostrum she produces, so her calf can have instant immunity after his first nursing.
Colostrum is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Colostrum books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesnotary public civil law jurisdictions
list of songs by avril lavigne demos
stove modern stove features
pit bull laws
royal west african frontier force
sm stirling criticism of stirling