A selection of articles related to comfrey.
Original articles from our library related to the Comfrey. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Comfrey.
- Comfrey: Correspondences
- Symphytum officinale Folk Names: Assear, Black Wort, Boneset, Bruisewort, Consolida, Consound, Knit Bone, Miracle Herb, Slippery Root, Wallwort, Yalluc Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Water Deity: Power: Safety During Travel, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
Comfrey is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Comfrey books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Comfrey topics covered
- Comfrey by Bobby Quinn, Kerr Center intern.
- Conservation Assessment for Northern Wild Comfrey (Cynoglossum
- Conservation Assessment for. Northern Wild Comfrey. (Cynoglossum virginianum var.
- Northern Wild Comfrey
- Northern Wild Comfrey. Cynoglossum virginianum L. var.
- Medicinal Herbs: Comfrey
- Medicinal Herbs: Comfrey. Maureen McCracken omfrey, Symphytum officinale L., is a perennial herb in the Boraginaceae family.
Suggested News Resources
- Local interest
- The secret, he says, is feeding them with liquid comfrey - and adding urine to the compost. (Express and Star, Wolverhampton) A six-year-old girl from Rushey Mead, Leicester, has received a B in maths GCSE.
- Ole Henriksen ~ Cleansers
- Aloe vera deep cleanser: Ideal for oily or acne-prone skin, this cleanser's foaming action, paired with skin soothing aloe vera, chamomile, comfrey extract, eucalyptus oil and vitamins cleanses skin without stripping and dehydrating.
- herbs for fall planting
- Comfrey. Cream or lilac flowers are endearing but rough foliage and spreading plants of this and other Symphytum species may create havoc in the garden. Ointments and salves have been used throughout the ages for healing topical wounds.
- Massive cabbage is stalk of the town
- “I swear by liquid comfrey to feed my cabbages – it's a herb and it smells like rotting vegetation,” he said. “I also put a bucket of wee in the compost.
- Smell-good gardening
- Fennel, tansy, germander and comfrey bloom in shades of white, yellow and pink, adding touches of color to the otherwise green surroundings. "Herbs are useful plants," says Linda Lucas, a garden programs volunteer for the historic area.
Suggested Web Resources
- Comfrey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Comfrey (also comphrey) is an important herb in organic gardening. It is used as a fertilizer and also has many purported medicinal uses.
- Comfrey (Symphytum officinale ) is used to treat wounds and reduce the inflammation associated with sprains and broken bones.
- Nov 17, 1997 Factsheet on this crop, its history, uses, varieties and cultivation.
- Comfrey Makes Garden Fertilizer
- Discover how to grow Comfrey & make rich fertilizers. You'll find notes here on the type of Comfrey you need and how to use it in organic gardening.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdream dictionary hats
all souls day
amplitude modulation modulation index
alterac valley instance
supernova naming of supernovae
hen wlad fy nhadau parodies