A selection of articles related to commune.
Original articles from our library related to the Commune. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Commune.
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 34
- Chapter 34 34:1 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land. 34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her. 34:3 And...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 5
- All things in the universe have at their basis, one fundamental essence which governs their creation, destruction and on-going actions. That singular essence is consciousness, (also known by some as God, or the Unified Field). Everywhere in Nature does...
Mind >> World Mind
Commune is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Commune books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE PARIS COMMUNE
- pamphlet entitled The Commune of Paris, the pamphlet including an abridgment of .
- Canton Commune - Dec1927
- Canton Commune - Dec1927 by Ah Xiang. [Excerpts from “Red Terror & White Terror”].
- THE KRONSTADT COMMUNE
- COMMUNE. In this Pamphlet: “The Kronstadt Commune” by Ida Mett prole.info.
Suggested News Resources
- Taxing the super-rich
- Perhaps fearing another Paris Commune – or worse, a Socialist rout in next year's elections – they asked President Nicolas Sarkozy to soak them. Well, not so much soak as sprinkle “in reasonable proportions” with a special tax until Mr.
- Residents clash with polluters
- Nguyen Van Tuan was attacked by truck drivers on August 29 after he and others at Da Nang City's Hoa Lien Commune blocked vehicles from entering a construction site.
- Patricia Randolph's Madravenspeak: It's shameful to hunt state bird of peace
- Riki Ott, Earth Democracy Convention I have a vision of a beautiful peaceful world where 3 million wildlife watchers in Wisconsin can commune with abundant wildlife on their own property, in our state and county parks, and on our public lands.
- Mergence Keeps It Weird with Communes, Nomads, and Robots
- Lead guitarist Yod Paul goes by "The Yod," and was born into the famous Source Family commune in California. "I was born at the end of The Source Family," Yod says, slightly uncomfortable about the topic.
- Scott Conant's DOCG Rumored for Paris Commune Space
- A few weeks ago, a West Village resident spotted folks from Scott Conant's Meatpacking District restaurant Scarpetta outside the old Paris Commune space looking for signatures in support of a new 'casual' version of Scarpetta there.
Suggested Web Resources
- Commune | Home
- Commune. We're a commune that focuses on enhancing image through design.
- Commune - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- talk over, discuss <have more to commune — Shakespeare>. intransitive verb. 1.
- Commune Directory - List of Communes
- The term 'commune' is often used, espeecially in the press, to mean all types of intentional communities or cooperative living.
- Commune | Define Commune at Dictionary.com
- Copy & paste this link to your blog or website to reference this page. Did you know:"Eeny meeny mainee mo" had a different ending 100 years ago. What was it?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.