A selection of articles related to compound nouns.
Original articles from our library related to the Compound Nouns. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Compound Nouns.
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- Love and Clarity
- Literally any state of mind may be created or enhanced within. It is commonly assumed that our thoughts and feelings are difficult, if not impossible, to change at will. But this is not so. The meditator soon realizes that it is they who are primarily...
Mind >> Telepathy and Group Mind
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 30
- Chapter 30 30:1 And thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon: of shittim wood shalt thou make it. 30:2 A cubit shall be the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof; foursquare shall it be: and two cubits shall be the height thereof: the horns...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Beltane was a day representing many things to the Celtic people. It was the second of the four fire festivals. To most it celebrated the sun God, Baal(British)/ Bel(Irish)/ Beli(Welsh)/ Belanos(Pan-Celtic), although the sun appears to have been originally...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
Compound Nouns is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Compound Nouns books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Learning compound noun semantics
- in compound nouns and other noun-noun constructions.
- Detecting the Countability of English Compound Nouns Using Web
- Detecting the Countability of English Compound Nouns Using. Web-based Models. Jing Peng.
- Stress in Russian Compound Nouns: Head Dominance or Root
- 'hole'1. 'beard'. Russian compound nouns, like all other nouns, have only one main Both use non-compound nouns as the main data for testing their theories.
- Compound Nouns 3 - English Banana
- Compound nouns are formed from two or more other nouns, for example: break + fast = breakfast.
Suggested News Resources
- She favours compound nouns (“World-Ash”) and massed adjectives. She combines the precision of science writing (she is very particular about the names of flowers and trees and creatures) with wild flights of fancy.
Suggested Web Resources
- English Grammar - Compound Nouns - Learn English
- A compound noun is a noun that is made up of two or more words. Most compound nouns in English are formed by nouns modified by other nouns or adjectives.
- Compound Nouns
- This page explains how to make and use compound nouns in English. With quiz to check your understanding.
- What are Compound Nouns - EduFind
- NOUNS. COMPOUND NOUNS. Formation.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.