Conceptions Of God
A selection of articles related to conceptions of god.
Original articles from our library related to the Conceptions Of God. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Conceptions Of God.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Conceptions Of God is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Conceptions Of God books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “A Comparison of the Conceptions of God in the Thinking of Paul
- “A Comparison of the Conceptions of God in the Thinking of Paul Tillich and. Henry Nelson Wieman”.
- Spinoza's Conception of Law
- SPINOZA'S CONCEPTION OF LAW: METAPHYSICS AND ETHICS. Donald Rutherford (UCSD).
- The Concept of God in Islam - Al-Ghurabaa
- THE CONCEPT OF GOD IN ISLAM. The first part of the Muslim confession of faith (the. Shahada) is the basis for the concept of God in Islam.
Suggested News Resources
- Science and religion can support each other
- I believe that an acceptance of the limited and relative nature of our diverse conceptions of God is critical to the evolving global community.
- Is Yoga Science or Religion Part V?
- The great sages of the Upanishads avoid the confusions related to conceptions of God and encourage students to be honest and sincere in their quests for Self Realization (not God).
Suggested Web Resources
- Concepts of God (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Dec 21, 2006 Conceptions of maximal greatness differ but theists believe that a maximally great reality must be a maximally great person or God.
- Amazon.com: Conceptions of God in Ancient Egypt: The One and
- Editorial Reviews. Language Notes. Text: English, German (translation) --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- Do-It-Yourself Deity
- Metaphysical engineers will then model this conception of God to check out its plausibility. Please select from the list below.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.