- Hence, there is no agreement on which theories count as consequentialist under this definition.
- Consequentialism and Decision Procedures
- Consequentialism is often charged with being self-defeating, for if a person In this thesis, I take this consequentialist reply and examine it more closely.
- CONSEQUENTIALISM AND COMMITMENT
- between criteria of rightness and decision procedures, a consequentialist can allow for .
- UTILITARIANISM AND CONSEQUENTIALISM
- Sep 12, 2005 Handout #1: Consequentialism and Utilitarianism.
- A Plea to Atheists: Pedophilia Is Next On the Slippery Slope; Let Us Turn Back
- For the benefit of the philosophically challenged let me explain “consequentialism” in a nutshell: If you like the consequences it's ethical, if you don't like the consequences it's unethical.
- CathBlog - For an end to Cartesianism
- Essential really, if we are to have any moral absolutes and not submit to consequentialism. Similarly I will not criticise focusing on the intention of an action. Intention is what makes events into actions, rather than mere involuntary reactions.
- The justification of punishment
- Consequentialism: imposing suffering on offenders is bad in itself. But making them suffer does more good than harm. It does good by deterring people from committing more crimes.
- Secular humanists on the real planet of the apes
- Consequentialism is another name for utilitarianism, the goal of which is to promote "the greatest good of the greatest number." Utilitarianism tends to be cosmopolitan in its scope.
- Consequentialism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Feb 9, 2006 Consequentialism, as its name suggests, is the view that normative properties depend only on consequences.
- Consequentialism [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]
- Mar 24, 2006 Consequentialism is controversial.
- Ethics 10 - Consequentialism
- Consequentialism says that we have only one basic duty: to do whatever has the best consequences.
Consequentialism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Consequentialism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
carburetor history amp development
battle of colachel
the marshall mathers lp track listing
accusative case example