A selection of articles related to constellation draco.
Original articles from our library related to the Constellation Draco. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Constellation Draco.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Dragon's Blood: Correspondences
- Daemonorops draco, Dracaena spp. Folk Names: Blood, Blume, Dragon's Blood Palm, Calamus Draco, Draconis Resina, Danguis Draconis Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Love, Exorcism, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary D
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Sothis was the goddess personifying the dog-star Sirius, the bright appearance of which in the July dawn sky announced the annual flooding of the Nile. The Egyptian name of the goddess was "Sopdet", from which came the Greek Sothis, normally used in...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Constellation Draco is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Constellation Draco books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Disrupted globular cluster found in the constellation of Draco
- A co-moving clump of stars was found in the constellation of Draco at a distance of approximately 8,500 light years away by a team of astronomers from the Chinese Academy of Sciences. It is assumed that the newly detected stellar group is a disrupted ...
- Edge-On Galaxy NGC 5866
- Why is this galaxy so thin? Many disk galaxies are actually just as thin as NGC 5866, pictured above, but are not seen edge-on from our vantage point. One galaxy that is situated edge-on is our own Milky Way Galaxy.
- High in the Sky: How to Spot 'Circumpolar' Constellations
- There are several other dimmer circumpolar constellations, including Perseus, Cepheus and Draco.
- WX 101: Basic Constellations
- In this Weather 101 we'll talk about a few constellations that are fairly easy to locate. The stars that make up these constellations are typically some of the brightest in the sky.
- Who Would Your Harry Potter Love Interest Be Based On Your Zodiac Sign?
- There's a certain comfort in the fact that the stars govern everything, and that all of my personality traits (both good and bad) were sort of cosmically bestowed upon me depending on what constellation was where on the day of my birth.