A selection of articles related to consumerism history.
Original articles from our library related to the Consumerism History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Consumerism History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Consumerism History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Consumerism History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Consumerism: A Brief History
- A Brief History. Presented by: Kenneth L. Sperling.
- History of Consumerism. • Central Paradox: • How did the Puritan tradition of thrift and asceticism turn into a culture of spending and materialism? • It happened ...
- American Consumerism in the 1950's
- American Consumerism in the 1950's .... History: Postwar United States, 1946 to 1968, Revised Edition (Volume IX). ...
- “Consumerism and its Discontents: A Cultural History of Argentine
- ABSTRACT. “Consumerism and its Discontents: A Cultural History of Argentine Development, 1958-1969” by. Katharine French-Fuller.
- Chapter IV CONSUMERISM AND ITS HISTORICAL ASPECTS WITH
- 4.4 HISTORY OF CONSUMERISM AS A SOCIO-POLITICAL. MOVEMENT.
Suggested News Resources
- So much stuff: a history of consumerism
- Historian Frank Trentmann sees 'the acquisition of things' as the very foundation of culture and he argues it's central to our understanding of the self and society.
- Northern-area Community Events Calendar, March 10-16, 2016
- Wilson's artwork explores the relationship between nature, consumerism and waste. Call 702-651-4146. Create with Code Jr.
- Is South America's 'Progressive Cycle' At an End?
- The popular empowerment that Chavismo unleashed bears no comparison with the expansion of consumerism promoted by Kirchnerism. And the anti-imperialist project of the ALBA is quite unlike the conservatism of the MERCOSUR (Cieza, 2015; Mazzeo, ...
- 'Creative Control' and the Coercive Confluence of Tech Branding and Classical
- For quite a while, classical music had been used to insert tech into history, to assert that tech is not merely the stuff of machines, but rather a human achievement parallel to these historical works of sonic complexity. ...
Suggested Web Resources
- History of American Consumerism
- American Consumerism and the Global Environment. HOME · History of American Consumerism · American Consumer Society · Our Global Environment.
- The Brief, Tragic Reign of Consumerism—and the birth of a happy
- Apr 14, 2015 Consumerism also has a history, but not a long one. True, humans—like all other animals—are consumers in the most basic sense, in that we ...
- Advanced Placement: U.S. History - Smithsonian Education
- Looking at Artifacts, Thinking About History · The Culture of consumerism · What Barbie Dolls Have to Say... The Culture of Consumerism Christopher Lasch.
- Consumerism Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com
- Early History of American Consumerism. From the colonial era until the late nineteenth century, the United States was a producer-oriented nation. Simply, most ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.