Contemporary Dance Technique
A selection of articles related to contemporary dance technique.
Original articles from our library related to the Contemporary Dance Technique. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Contemporary Dance Technique.
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 3: The Rope Techniques
- A key ingredient to the new projection techniques is an invisible, imaginary ROPE hanging from your ceiling. This ROPE will be used to exert dynamic pressure at a single point on your astral body to force its separation from the physical. The ROPE technique...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Experiences of a Pagan Practicing Pranic Healing
- My exposure to the Old Religion and to the Earth-based Religion also exposed me to tried and true healing techniques involving herbs, oils and some other shamanic rites. Most of these techniques did not ritualize a systematic division of bodies and/or energy...
Body Mysteries >> Pranic Healing
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 4: More Rope Techniques
- ROPE is a very effective projection technique, but it still has to be learned to be effective. I would like to elaborate on a couple of points about the technique, inspired by the feedback I have received so far. There is NO visualization required - AT ALL -...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Contemporary Dance Technique is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Contemporary Dance Technique books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Meet the musicians: Baltimore's eclectic takes on Irish music
- While some artists have incorporated contemporary sounds like electric bass into their Irish music, Byrne mostly operates within the tradition's dance-music parameters of reels, jigs and polkas.
- Review: Though playing it safe, “Off the EDGE” is still a “must-see” event for
- Here's an impossible question: How does one design a two-day contemporary dance festival that is both palatable enough to hook would-be patrons and innovative enough to satisfy the seasoned dancegoers?
- H.T. Chen & Dancers share Asian-American choreography with local students
- Usually the only dance things I see were like things at musical and stuff, but this contemporary dance was like a whole new world. It was so interesting to see, especially because it included some parts of Chinese culture too. It imbedded them into the ...
- The 10th Asheville Butoh Festival takes place April 7-10
- 2016 marks the 10th Asheville Butoh Festival and 20 years of butoh dance in Asheville. Julie Becton Gillum and the Asheville Contemporary Dance Theatre have collaborated to produce this uncommon festival.
- BODIES & SOULS to Run 4/8-17 at B. Iden Payne Theatre
- The University of Texas at Austin's award-winning dance company Dance Repertory Theatre returns to the stage in Bodies & Souls, April 8-17 at the B. Iden Payne Theatre. A celebration of emerging voices and visions of contemporary dance, Bodies & Souls ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.