Contemporary Hindu Movements
A selection of articles related to contemporary hindu movements.
Original articles from our library related to the Contemporary Hindu Movements. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Contemporary Hindu Movements.
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Contemporary Hindu Movements is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Contemporary Hindu Movements books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'The counter-revolution is triumphant'
- Ahdaf Soueif is a leading Egyptian writer and activist. With novels such as In the Eye of the Sun and The Map of Love, she marked out her space in Arab literature early, bringing a uniquely political clarity to both her contemporary and historical fiction.
- Azaadi from a colonial rule book
- Most major Indian laws are legacies of the British, the results of a great codification movement that failed to make much headway in the colonial metropolis, and therefore chose India as its laboratory. ...
- Know your Bharat
- “Now we are practically at par with Hollywood in terms of technique but to make a film in late '60s that withstands the test of time and still looks contemporary is something,” says Barot.
- Divine intervention
- It so happens that 'Thinking Tantra', a group show at Jhaveri Contemporary, manages to pull off this feat appropriately. ...
- Out of the box
- After several successful shows at various locations in the last couple of months, Kaavad Katha Maya by Sva Collective played to a big audience at Ranga Shankara earlier this week. The turban and the quill on the poster suggest an evening of ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Contemporary Hindu Movements Topics
Related searchesroman goddess
kautilya vishnugupta chanakya
spirituality and loneliness