A selection of articles related to corn dolly.
Original articles from our library related to the Corn Dolly. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Corn Dolly.
- Corn: Correspondences
- Zea Mays Folk Names: Giver of Life, Maize, Sacred Mother, Seed of Seeds Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Earth Deity: Power: Protection, Luck, Divination...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 42
- Chapter 42 42:1 Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, Why do ye look one upon another? 42:2 And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; that we may live,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And when any will offer a meat offering unto the LORD, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon: 2:2 And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take thereout his...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Garden of Desire
- It is Mabon. I walk about my garden in the cool of the evening. The leaves of the trees show hints of the coming fall. The harvest should be ripe, but disappointingly, there is little here to celebrate. My pumpkins should be covering the ground in their...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. 6:2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye...
New Testament >> Luke
Corn Dolly is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Corn Dolly books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “…it's like one of those strongman Mr. Universe champions, all
- Jul 21, 2011 it includes anything from corn ' dollies to violently expressive paintings. — is currently undergoing a vibrant renaissance.
- RE with collective worship materials For HARVEST
- traditional harvest customs in England, and corn dollies may be easily found at craft fairs.
- RRC Events Jan-June 2011.pub
- Hickling Corn Dolly 6.75. Coming in July (24th)…..
Suggested News Resources
- Shropshire vintage steam rally celebrates 50th anniversary
- There's a bee-keeper, wheelwright, corn dolly maker, live blacksmith demonstrations, brick-making presentations, and cider making. Over 240 tractors on view on the showground – and some spectacular tractor pulling!
Suggested Web Resources
- Corn dolly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Corn dollies or corn mothers are a form of straw work made as part of harvest customs of Europe before mechanization.
- Corn Dolly | Living in Season - slow time, seasonal celebrations
- Aug 29, 2010 This is just one simple way to make a corn dolly without being skilled Photo taken by Jo Sullivan: a corn dolly in front of a chocolate cosmos.
- MAKING HARVEST CORN DOLLIES
- Wheat weaving is as old as farming, and a heck of a lot easier. If you can braid hair or tie an overhand knot, you' ll be weaving in no time.
- Make a Brighid Corn Doll
- There's an old custom of making a corn or grain effigy of Brighid. By placing her in a place of honor in the home, you can invite fertility and abundance your way.
- Corn Husk Doll
- Picture intensive instructions for making simple corn husk dolls.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.