A selection of articles related to corn.
Original articles from our library related to the Corn. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Corn.
- Corn: Correspondences
- Zea Mays Folk Names: Giver of Life, Maize, Sacred Mother, Seed of Seeds Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Earth Deity: Power: Protection, Luck, Divination...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 42
- Chapter 42 42:1 Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, Why do ye look one upon another? 42:2 And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; that we may live,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Garden of Desire
- It is Mabon. I walk about my garden in the cool of the evening. The leaves of the trees show hints of the coming fall. The harvest should be ripe, but disappointingly, there is little here to celebrate. My pumpkins should be covering the ground in their...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And when any will offer a meat offering unto the LORD, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon: 2:2 And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take thereout his...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night. 16:2 Thou shalt therefore sacrifice the passover unto the LORD thy God, of the flock...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Corn is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Corn books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sweet Corn Production
- separating stands of different types of sweet corn by at least.
- Subpart D -- United States Standards for Corn
- shelled flint corn (Zea mays L.) and not more than 10.
- Corn, specialty and sweet
- (Harvest baby corn when silks first appear and ears are quite small.
- Corn Planting Guide
- corn acreage, yield, and production since 1900 as reported by the Iowa Agricultural. Statistics Office. Corn yields have trended upward over the past 40 years.
- Purdue extension How Fuel ethanol is Made from Corn
- Fueling America Through Renewable Resources. BioEnergy. Purdue extension.
Suggested News Resources
- Corn eating a 'family affair'
- By Pamela Dickman Reporter-Herald Staff Writer Five-year-old Vanessa Rozeski of Loveland nibbles away at an ear of corn while participating in the Corn Roast Festival's corn-eating contest on Saturday at Fairgrounds Park.
- Hot Summer Erodes Corn, Soy Harvest
- Corn prices have jumped 24 percent since July 1 and soybeans touched a five-week high on Aug. 24 as crops in parts of the Midwest were damaged by more than 35 days of temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 degrees Celsius), government data show.
- Corn for ethanol to top its use for feed this year
- In its July report estimating agricultural supplies and demand, the US Department of Agriculture suggests for the first time ever this year corn used for ethanol production in the US will exceed corn for feed, 5.05 billion bushels to 5 billion bushels.
- Variability prevalent in Illinois corn crop yield
- David Proeber | AP The field of corn seen last week in Towanda, Ill., despite a shortage of rainfall, is similar in condition to most corn in central Illinois.
- Rain doesn't dampen Shippensburg's annual corn festival
- Musical moment: Connie and Kurt Richter of Shippensburg dance to the Shippensburg Swing Band during the corn festival in Shippensburg on Saturday.
Suggested Web Resources
- Maize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This article is about the cereal grain, also known as corn in some countries. Approximately 40% of the crop - 130 million tons - is used for corn ethanol.
- The Story of Corn - Quick Facts
- Corn field Did you know corn is America's number one field crop? Corn leads all other crops in value and volume of production.
- WHFoods: Corn
- What food is more synonymous with summer than freshly picked corn on the cob ?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.