A selection of articles related to cottage pie.
Original articles from our library related to the Cottage Pie. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cottage Pie.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Everyday Air
- We breathe it in every day. It surrounds us, fills us, yet often we don't even notice it: Air. Of all the elements, Air is perhaps the most illusive. It can be the most difficult to describe, but can also be one of the most vibrant. Air brings us the light...
The Elements >> Air
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Heliotrope: Correspondences
- Heliotropium europaeum or H. arborescens POISON Folk Names: Cherry Pie, Turnsole Gender: Masculine Planet: Sun Element: Fire Deity: Apollo Power: Exorcism, Prophetic Dreams, Healing, Wealth, Invisibility...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
Cottage Pie is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cottage Pie books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- RECIPE: Two Potato Shepherd's Cottage Pie
- Place both potato cubes in a large saucepan (3 to 5 quart) and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pan.
- Bake Shepherd's Pie Directly in Potato Skins
- Shepherd's pie—or cottage pie, depending on the filling—is classic winter comfort food. For a new take on shepherd's pie, consider baking it in the potato skin.
- Chicken and Vegetable Cottage Pie
- This simple recipe is a twist on the classic British cottage pie, originally with minced beef. This pie is great for getting a fill of great vegetables as well as using up any left over vegetables in the fridge.
- A shepherd's pie made for shepherds who prefer lentils over lamb
- My favorite thing about making a vegetarian shepherd's pie has been thinking about that name. Purists know that a traditional shepherd's pie needs to contain not the usual ground beef, but lamb — because, of course, that's where the shepherd comes in.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.