A selection of articles related to countries.
Original articles from our library related to the Countries. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Countries.
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Goddess of war and battles, consort of Ptah. Hathor took Sekhmet's shape when she made war on men. Sekhmet is usually portrayed as a woman with the head of a lioness, sometimes brandishing a knife in an upraised hand. Her name means the powerful. Sekhmet's...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A Germanic Pagan Looks at the Ten Commandments
- Once, the Ten Commandments were by law posted in schoolrooms in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky and other places around the USA. Now, efforts are being made to post them here and elsewhere. Most folks in these parts seem to think that's a great idea....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Countries is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Countries books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Annex C (English)
- PCT Applicant's Guide – International Phase – Annex A. [Continued on next page ]. (1 September 2011).
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
- About two thirds of the WTO's around 150 members are developing countries.
- Higher Education in Developing Countries
- Why is General Education Relevant for Developing Countries? 00.
- Implementing health financing reform : Lessons from countries in
- CE/EECCA countries on the implementation of health financing reforms.
Suggested News Resources
- US Newborn Mortality Rate Higher Than 40 Countries
- 21, 2006 file photo (Chitose Suzuki/AP Photo) The newborn death rate in the United States is higher than in 40 other countries including Malaysia, Cuba and Poland, according to a new study.
- Photos: The Most Dangerous Countries For Newborns Around the World [PHOTOS]
- By IBTimes Staff Reporter | Aug 31, 2011 09:15 PM EDT The United States could be worse than 40 other countries when it comes to infant mortality.
- Inditex To Have All Brands Online In 15 Countries By Sep 6
- MC) said Thursday it will launch online stores for its remaining six brands in 15 European countries next week, a year after it took its flagship store Zara to the Internet.
Suggested Web Resources
- Countries of the World — Infoplease.com
- Country profiles provide information on geography, maps, flags, history, populations, cities, ethnicity, literacy, economics, government, current rulers, and more.
- Country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Former states such as Bavaria (now part of Germany) and Piedmont (now part of Italy) would not normally be referred to as "countries" in contemporary English.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.