A selection of articles related to covetousness.
Original articles from our library related to the Covetousness. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Covetousness.
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem. 7:2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault. 7:3 For the Pharisees,...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy....
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
- King James Bible: II Corinthians, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you: 9:2 For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked...
New Testament >> II Corinthians
- King James Bible: Ephesians, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or...
New Testament >> Ephesians
- King James Bible: Colossians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God....
New Testament >> Colossians
- King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2:2 And many...
New Testament >> II Peter
Covetousness is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Covetousness books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Read my book “Deliverance from Demons and Diseases: Freedom
- temptation of covetousness, Elisha said, “As the Lord lives, before whom I stand, I will receive code phrases for covetousness disguised as Christianity.
- INSIDE TRACK: Curbs on covetousness: Envy can make capitalism
- Curbs on Covetousness: Envy can make Capitalism more Efficient and Help to Restrain Executive Pay. Financial Times, Feb 5, 2002. By CHRIS GILES.
- COVETOUSNESS/GREED. An insatiable desire for worldly gain. DESCRIBED AS: 1.
- Covetousness is Greed Men and women come and go. The Ten
- 1. Covetousness is Greed. Men and women come and go.
Suggested News Resources
- Britain in Flames
- “Jesus warned, 'Beware of covetousness: for a man's life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses' (Luke 12:15). “Governments, financial institutions and millions of citizens are all sliding toward bankruptcy.
- Take up Jesus' invitation, you'll be glad you did
- For neither at any time were we found using words of flattery, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness, God is witness; nor seeking glory of men, neither from you nor from others, when we might have claimed authority as apostles of Christ.
- The shadow President that never was : Guess who ?
- By Kamachendeh Fakai : When he talks, he manifests unreliability; instills acrimony in the minds of his hearers; and of course, emits an abundant opportunistic tendency, bordering on covetousness.
- Religion Calendar for the Erie area
- 10 -- Covetousness"; children's Sunday school, 9 am; adult classes, 9 and 10:30 am Info: 833-9862, www.facerie.org.
- The Real Truth - America's Weary Allies – Is the Nation's Debt Crisis
- Yet time and again, its peoples feigned worship of the true God—all while pursuing other “gods” and idols that allowed them to practice guilt-free covetousness and lust after material goods. How true of the US today!
Suggested Web Resources
- Covetous | Define Covetous at Dictionary.com
- MORE. Copy & paste this link to your blog or website to reference this page. Did you know:You may expect "Ouija" in Oujia board to have some magical origin.
- covetousness - definition of covetousness by the Free Online
- Excessively and culpably desirous of the possessions of another. See Synonyms at jealous. 2.
- Covetous - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- marked by inordinate desire for wealth or possessions or for another's possessions. 2. : having a craving for possession <covetous of power>.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Covetousness
- Generally, an unreasonable desire for what we do not possess.
- Bible Encyclopedia: Covetousness
- COVETOUSNESS. kuv'-et-us-nes: Has a variety of shades of meaning determined largely by the nature of the particular word used, or the context, or both.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmount tambora
reebok recent news
gravity acceleration due to gravity
bicameralism psychology julian jaynes