Cowrie Shell Divinations
A selection of articles related to cowrie shell divinations.
Original articles from our library related to the Cowrie Shell Divinations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cowrie Shell Divinations.
- Calcium carbonicum (Oyster Shell)
- This remedy is made of the shell of the oyster. Let's have a look at an oyster: Inside a thick hard calcium-made shell lies a soft and quite formless animal. When the oyster feels at ease it opens its shell and passively lets through the sea water and...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- An Overview of Different Types of Scrying
- Scrying is a method of divination. It consists of gazing into a crystal, a mirror or some water for example, anything shiny really, in order to enter altered mind states...A good cliché that best describes scrying is the gypsy fortune-teller and her large...
Divination >> Scrying
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Planet: Venus Sign: Taurus and Libra Day: Friday Venus is the goddess of love, beauty, art, balance, harmony and peace. Venus is the planet with the lowest rotation. The character of the planet and goddess Venus is passive, receptive, magnetic, feminine,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Samhain - October 31st
- The Celtic year is divided into halves, marked by the two great Fire Festivals of Samhain and Beltaine. The period from Samhain to Beltaine is called "an Ghrian beag" or the "lessor Sun", and the period from Beltaine to Samhain is called &q...
Holidays >> Samhain
Cowrie Shell Divinations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cowrie Shell Divinations books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Artist as Conjurer of Illusions and Truths
- We see a divination of cowrie shells that takes the form of a series of numbers, a single palm laid open among them as it awaits an explanation of its fate. We see objects and shrines made for Erzulie and Ghede, two families of spirits in Haitian Vodou ...
- Meaning and Use of Cowrie Shells
- This is a story of a simple shell that is used as money, a tribute, and a way to know the future. Some historians believe the Cowrie shell was one of the first systems of money used, and it's importance is wide reaching.
- 'Senufo' brings distinctive African art to St. Louis Art Museum
- Complementary male and female figures abound. Much of the art was originally decorated, with feathers, fur, cowrie shells, leaves, paint and nails.
- In the House of Spirits
- Divination is the way to talk to the spirit world. Sixteen cowry shells thrown on a mat give the priest a pattern to read the god's words. “I may feel the dead sometimes,” Tiziana says.
- Symbolism of shell is more than just Trivia
- They were used as divination in parts of India and in many countries used as jewellery, ornaments, etc. An important use, in some countries, was a symbol of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Cowrie Shell Divinations Topics
Related searchesal-razi pharmacy
elizabeth hope conclusion
white gold history
radix sort c
physostigmine clinical uses
lt col david grossman
twin human twins