A selection of articles related to creation myths.
Original articles from our library related to the Creation Myths. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Creation Myths.
- Spider: Grandmother of Creation
- At the dawn of summer, in the warmth of springtime, Spider peeks her head out and begins again to spin her tale. Her tale, like her web is spiral, each year bringing greater more elaborate worlds and possibilities into manifestation. Her story, her web is the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Creation Myths is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Creation Myths books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Native American Creation Stories By Roland Bradley Zachow
- Students will analyze creation stories from various Native American Cultures. They will Select three creation stories from different Native American tribes.
- Creation Stories 1-4_LP
- Creation Stories. By Stephanie Samaniego. INTRODUCTION.
- Creation myths of generative grammar and the mathematics of
- Creation myths and Syntactic Structures. 239 construes modern linguistics as part of psychology and human biology.
- Maori Creation Myths
- The Maori people of New Zealand have their own creation myths. We have given you one of the best known stories below. Nothingness.
Suggested News Resources
- Diamond Mythology
- We human beings seem to crave creation myths. The tale of Adam and Eve moved people for millennia, and still seems thrilling and sad, even though we know all about natural selection.
- Esther Gordy Edwards, The Woman Behind Motown
- Like most creation myths, it's just that: a myth. Berry Gordy Jr. founded Motown in 1959 after taking out an $800 loan (about $6200 today) from his family trust fund.
- Tom Service on music to play while travelling
- OK, my songline didn't have much to do with ancient creation myths: you might more conventionally call it a pile of CDs. But the way the music seemed to imprint itself on the landscape made for some spine-tingling moments.
- John McTernan: Stop our storytellers being silenced
- They are how we understand the world - from the creation myths that explain where we come from, to the daily gossip that allows us to make sense of our own lives and those of our friends and families.
- Adapt or Die!
- I suspect that along with a simple contemplation, it should lead - and rightly so, to the development of various creation myths in all human societies that are both primitive and advanced, the later tends to be more scientific.
Suggested Web Resources
- Creation Myths - A Large and Diverse Collection of Links to Creation
- A Large and Diverse Collection of Links to Creation Myths from Around the World .
- Creation Myths
- Explores and highlights commonalities amongst stories depicting the creation of the world from several cultures.
- Creation Stories
- A collection of Creation stories from around the world, with a final chapter exploring common themes.
- Creation Myths
- Stories of how the world and mankind came to be, from chaos, a primordial soup, an egg, or whatever; that is, Creation myths.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.