A selection of articles related to creek indians.
Original articles from our library related to the Creek Indians. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Creek Indians.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Echinacea, the Sacred Plant
- A full grown Echinacea-plant is an impressive and decorative appearance. You may consider giving her a place in your garden. This beautiful plant will probably steal your heart with her large, colorful and long lasting flowers. No doubt you have heard of...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary E
- Projective. Elements: Fire & Akasha. Clear yellow or orange ancient petrified resin (possibly pine tree). Electromagnetic. Opens solar plexus chakra for mental clarity, mood balance, confidence. Stomach anxiety, spine, Central Nervous System, brain, memory...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Creek Indians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Creek Indians books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Tribal History - The Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- History of the Poarch Creek Indians. The Poarch Creek Indians is a segment of the original Creek Nation, which avoided removal and has lived together for ...
- Poarch Creek News - The Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Oct 1, 2015 As proud leaders of our Tribe, our integrity demands that we are true to who .... Beginning with the January 2016 issue of the Poarch Creek.
- Parch Creek - The Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Nov 1, 2014 Established Deadline: The Poarch Creek News is generated one month prior to the month of .... Tribe on Twitter at twitter.com/PoarchCreek.
- Mvskoke History - Muscogee (Creek) Nation
- Indian Removal: The Emigration of the Five Civilized Tribes of Indians. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, , 1972. Green, Micharl D.
- Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- DRAFT PBCI Mitigation Plan - 1-2¢-12 version. Poarch Band of Creek Indians. Aimore, AL.
Suggested News Resources
- Demopolis Public Library presents seminar on Creek Indians
- The public is invited to “'The Original Great Tye' and How It Was Broken: Creek Indian History in Three Acts,” a talk by Auburn University professor Kathryn Braund on Friday, March 4 at noon at the Demopolis Public Library.
- Poarch Creek Indians offered to give up blackjack for their own gambling compact
- The Alabama-based Poarch Band of Creek Indians, which approached Gov.
- Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe continues partnership with the Expo
- “We feel that as our neighbors, as our community, that it's very rewarding to see the success of the Expo,” Michael Rondeau said, the CEO of the Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe. A spokesperson for the Expo says some of the funding is going toward two summer ...
- Supreme Court rejects Bob Graham's bid to argue in gambling case
- The Poarch Band of Creek Indians, which operates the Gretna track, argues it should be allowed to offer slot machines because voters approved them in a local referendum in 2012.
- Lytton tribe stirs concerns over development plans
- “Our understanding all along was the tribe has wanted to be a good neighbor to the town and Deer Creek after being on that path for five years.
Suggested Web Resources
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation History
- The Muscogee (Creek) people are descendents of a remarkable culture that, before 1500 AD, spanned all the region known today as the Southeastern United ...
- Creek Indians | New Georgia Encyclopedia
- The history of early Georgia is largely the history of the Creek Indians. For most of Georgia's colonial period, Creeks outnumbered both European colonists and ...
- Muscogee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Internal divisions with the Lower Towns led to the Red Stick War (Creek War, ... as are the Poarch Band of Creek Indians of Alabama, the Coushatta Tribe of ...
- Facts for Kids: Creek Indians (Muscogee Creeks) - Orrin's Website
- Information about the Creek Indians for students and teachers. Facts about Creek Indian food, clothing, houses, villages, art and crafts, weapons and tools, ...
- The Poarch Band of Creek Indians :: Tribal History
- Unlike many southeastern Indian tribes, the Poarch Creeks were not removed from their tribal lands, and have lived together for over 150 years. In the late ...