- Bakr-Eid special: After beef, petitioner says ban vegetables too as plants
- New Delhi: In the backdrop of a blanket ban on slaughter of cows, bulls and bullocks, a Bangalore based short filmmaker, in a sarcastic way, has allegedly filed a petition asking the government "to ban vegetables also on the occasion of Muslim festival ...
- Remembering Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose: 10 facts about the Father of Wireless
- He invented the Crescograph, a device used to analyse and understand the functions of different stimuli in plants. He conducted many chemical experiments to prove that plants can feel pain and react to affection and anger. 6.
- The Enduring Legacy Of Jagdish Chandra Bose
- He was also an inventor, who apart from the crescograph invented many other instruments for research in physics and made significant contribution to the field of chronobiology.
- Union Minister of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. HARSH Vardhan
- 'Development of technology of social relevance and welfare is more relevant than just developing and patenting it,' said Dr Harsh Vardhan. He elaborated his point by citing how Sir Bose made the crescograph available to the society instead of patenting it.
- 5 Indian scientists whose work helped shape modern India
- Dr Jagadish Chandra Bose is famous for the invention of 'Crescograph' that can record even the millionth part of a millimetre of plant growth and orbital movement. Dr Bose proved, by virtue of the Crescograph, that plants have a circulatory system.
Crescograph is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Crescograph books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.