Crossing The Equator
A selection of articles related to crossing the equator.
Original articles from our library related to the Crossing The Equator. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Crossing The Equator.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Crossing The Equator is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Crossing The Equator books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MIDN 4/C Swartz
- ancient naval tradition known as “Crossing the Line.” Performed when a ship crosses the equator, this ceremony has a rich and varied history.
- Crossing the Line with SIO
- Crossing-the-Line Ceremony.
- The rôle of the complete Coriolis force in cross-equatorial flow of
- Figure 1: Contours of the bathymetry in the region where the AABW crosses the equator, shaded at intervals of 250 m.
Suggested News Resources
- Gold Coast Australia starts ocean sprint in Clipper Race
- The next target for the teams after crossing the Equator will be the first Ocean Sprint of the Clipper 11-12 Race.
- Halfway around the world
- But as it happened, we ended up crossing the equator in the middle of the night, with only our captain awake and the rest of us blissfully oblivious of our accomplishment.
- Clipper Round the World Yacht Race – Slow progress to Rio
- Something that will certainly lift the spirits of all the teams will be the fun celebrations of crossing the Equator and, for the crew of Derry-Londonderry, it will be a busy day as everyone is to be initiated according to skipper, Mark Light.
- Clipper Round the World Yacht Race - Teams cross Scoring Gate
- 'In other news, the champagne we were saving for a ceremonial drink for crossing the Equator decided to explode all over my cabin, so unfortunately we are a bottle short and a couple of days early.
- Clipper Round the World. Three horse race to Rio
- “Crossing the Equator was a short distraction, as the crew have been driving hard keeping the boat speed up and overnight moved up a place on the leader board. Showers were the topic of the afternoon both below and above decks.
Suggested Web Resources
- Crossing the equator - drunken orgy or rite of passage
- Sep 23, 2009 Crossing the equator - drunken orgy or rite of passage Occasionally, I'd come across some strange photos of sailors involved in odd play.
- Neptunus Rex and “Crossing the Line” Ceremonies
- May 26, 2009 They believed it was necessary to perform these rites at specific locations, such as the crossing of the Equator.
- 1-WOG DAY CROSSING THE EQUATOR, WESTPAC94, USS CAPE
- May 24, 2008 1-WOG INITIATION WHILE CROSSING THE EQUATOR. USS CAPE COD-AD43 WESTERN PACIFIC DEPLOYMENT.