A selection of articles related to cultural geography.
Original articles from our library related to the Cultural Geography. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cultural Geography.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 1
- Amazing things take root and grow, from the minds of the world. Human creations are much more far reaching than mere cities and nations. We are also creators of mental and spiritual manifestations , and these are of world changing scope! Humans are idea and...
Mind >> World Mind
Cultural Geography is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cultural Geography books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Human/Cultural Geography - DSST - GetCollegeCredit.com
- Human/Cultural Geography. Level. Lower-level baccalaureate.
- Cultural Geography and Place Based Problem-Solving
- Cultural Geography and Place Based Problem-Solving. (10 New Ways to Think about Culture and Organizing).
- Social & Cultural Geography
- areas: a GIS analysis of language and culture change', Social & Cultural Geography,. 8:4, 575 - 596. To link to this article: DOI: 10.
- CULTURAL GEOGRAPHY
- CULTURAL GEOGRAPHY. What is Culture? Not one good definition – it's like defining space.
- Linguistic and Cultural Geography of Contemporary Peru
- of Geography. Paper No. 87-13 http://lanic.
Suggested News Resources
- Bamboozled by Buddlam
- Generally speaking, the study of cultural geography is a good thing. Ongoing dialogue allows one to learn more about others' beliefs and cultures and hopefully fosters goodwill among world citizens.
- Assoc. prof takes home LA Area Emmy
- She described the honor she feels to be able to "shape the discipline of cultural geography." Despite her many trades, Hanks said DeLyser's top priority is her students.
- Review by Diana Soeiro
- it features an article written both by Wil Gesler and Sarah Curtis -- and Gesler was the one who came up with the concept "therapeutic landscapes" ("Gesler, WM (1992), Therapeutic Landscapes -- Medical Issues in Light of the New Cultural-Geography.
- Kids and Food: Stop Forcing My Daughter To Eat!
- It defies age, class, race, cultural, geography.
- Army families find support, knowledge
- That means, she said, learning the cultural geography, as well as the physical. "How many of you text?" she asked as nearly every hand went up.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cultural geography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cultural geography is a sub-field within human geography.
- Cultural Geography - An Overview of Cultural Geography
- Cultural geography is one of the major branches of geography.
- National Atlases: Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography
- Historical overview of statistical atlases and census maps that express the cultural landscape of the United States.
- Cultural Geography IQ Quiz Start - Question 1 of 15
- This quiz has 15 multiple choice questions, with the correct answer given to you on each following page.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.